Commercial Gas Procurement
The wrong gas contract could be costing your company thousands.
At Energy Solutions, we offer our clients a complete ongoing procurement service. It is not enough for a broker to simply price everything on a like for like basis and then disappear until your renewal is due. Businesses deserve much more. Our APOLLO system offers six ways that we help medium sized to large companies save on their utility bills. When used together, we have achieved savings of up to 70% for our clients, as well as substantial refunds in many cases:
- Analysis - This is the vital first step that we see so many brokers and consultants missing, which is a shame, as this is also where many savings are made. Why does a building have 3 supplies, Is this the right meter size for you, what data do Transco hold?
- Preparation – Knowing which suppliers are most competitive by location and consumption is important. Understanding the trends in the market, both in wholesale pricing and customer demand even more so. Understanding how your business's plans will affect demand can have to be considerable effect too. If you just submit a tender on a random date, as many companies do, you have a 1 in 250 chance of getting the best price - we don't like those odds.
- Options– We can offer fully flexible pricing strategies giving you full direct market access. Our range of managed products give exposure to the markets, but with reduced risk. And we negotiate traditional fixed price contracts too - it is all about understand what is right for your business, your attitude to risk and your flexibility.
- Leadership – We understand that you, as procurement managers, financial directors and business owners, are looking for the best way to manage your energy portfolios. To help you achieve your goals and to offer the best possible advice and service to you, we partner with leading organisations who offer complementary products and services.
- Lifetime Support– Ensuring the right billing, meters and tariffs whilst reclaiming any overspending for the full duration of all contracts is just part of the service - although it is not something all our competitors offer for free. We also work with you to manage your portfolio - adding new sites as you take them on, installing new connections and terminating contracts for any sites you no longer operate.
- Opportunities- Whether you are looking for funding for energy efficiency, power generation or demand management projects and any other cost cutting measures, we can help you raise the finance required or work with you on a shared revenue/savings basis. Looking for an insurance backed guarantee on those savings, we have that too.
Is your projected gas usage accurate? You could be wasting thousands
The prices in most gas contracts are based on the previous year’s consumption with figures taken from Transco’s database of gas usage. However, this can often be highly inaccurate and affect you in a number of ways. Where your usage is understated by Transco, suppliers will offer higher prices - costing you more for every unit you consume.
The difference can be very substantial - we had a client in Nottingham, which Transco listed as Domestic, the actual usage was over 4,000,000 kwh annually. This lead to a price spread of more than 1p per unit between suppliers who quoted on actual consumption and those that insisted on using Transco data.
The problem can also occur where Transco figures are too high - some suppliers use "take or pay" clauses in their contracts. If you don't use 80% of the expected consumption, they will bill you for it anyway - where Transco figures are wrong this can be a serious issue. When making changes to a site that could affect the usage, it is important to consider this clause when agreeing a new contract.
Easy and seamless
We have many years experience in this industry and so we can manage your gas and power portfolio for you, ensuring that you are getting the best prices and service from all your suppliers, and leaving you more time for other tasks. We do not charge our clients directly for our procurement service as we are paid by the suppliers. If you would prefer to pay us directly, that can be arranged to.
Are you a financial director, procurement manager or facilities manager?
Are gas suppliers taking up too much of your time? Not getting the service you deserve? Let us manage your portfolio and we'll ensure that you pay the best prices for gas, electricity and water. If you’re taking over new sites, we can even identify existing contracts, find the MPRNs and swiftly get the most affordable new supplies in place. Moving out of sites and need final bills promptly, we can help with that too. All part of the service.
Cut business energy costs and compare business gas suppliers
Contact us today and find out more about how we can help your business to get the service you deserve.