Launched in 2006 specifically to serve the electricity needs of small to medium sized business customers and provide an alternative to the large multinational power suppliers Haven has grown significantly. Now employing over 300 staff and with a turnover in excess of £100million the business has gone from strength to strength. In early 2009 Haven Power was acquired by Drax Power Limited, one of the UK's largest generation groups. Utilising the financial backing of Drax, Haven Power has grown its SME business and established a team who specifically serve the large I&C customer sector. Following this move the company's customer base has expanded significantly and now includes some of the UK's leading business names.
The cornerstone of our business is to provide business customers with business electricity contracts that are simple, flexible and designed to their specific requirements. Importantly these contracts are backed by an excellent standard of customer service. We have no anonymous call centres or interactive dialing systems just British-based, proactive account teams. We provide all our customers with the contact details of a named individual to ensure a personal consistent service.
Haven Power is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and to helping our customers to do the same.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Actively promote the recycling of waste
- We promote the use of re-used and recycled materials wherever possible
- We promote products that minimise the environmental impact such as Green Energy and electronic billing
- Through our products we encourage our customers to minimise the impact their operations have on the environment
- We offer an attractively priced Smart Metering option to compliment our SME products which allows customers to accurately measure electricity consumption and with our help optimise their electricity usage and to eliminate waste. Smart Metering also avoids the need for traditional meter reading using vans or cars
- Actively promote the use of electronic communication including telephone and video conferencing thereby avoiding the environmental impact of travelling to meetings
- Our new office has a state of the art energy management system to ensure we optimise the use of energy within the building
- We provide training to our staff to improve awareness and to enable them to effectively implement our environmental policy.